AUDIO: Broadcast spans 2000 years

This post includes another edition of This Week In Jerusalem,
a "you-are-there" broadcast that spans 2000 years.

I don't think there's anything else like it on the radio or Internet. But what do I know? Listen for yourself—just below—and tell us what
you think.

Yehuda Rapuano, an archaeologist with the Israel Antiquities Authority takes us back in time beside the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. He shows us the gates most people used to enter and ascend the holy site. And beside massive rocks thrown down by the Roman general, Titus, when he destroyed the 2nd Temple, Yehuda dips his fingers in the ash of Titus' hellish fire.

Linda Olmert is the only child of parents who survived Auschwitz. She grew up destesting Christians whom she blamed for the Holocaust. Sitting in Jerusalem's Crowne Plaza Hotel, Linda explains how she came to love people of a faith she once despised.

Avi Lipkin has written several books under the pen-name Victor Mordecai. And for good reason. They are glaring exposés of Radical Islam. But today Avi no longer hides his true identity. Why? Because he is beginning a new political party in Israel: a Jewish-Christian coalition party. Oy!

Yishai Fleisher and his wife, Malkah, explain the meaning of Yom Kippur: their dialogue is some of the best radio I've ever heard. Of course they are both broadcasters with IsraelNationalRadio.com, but it feels like we are sitting with them over dinner in their home.



LISTEN HERE...

(If one track will not stream, choose another. One of them will play!)


OR TO DOWNLOAD, click (or right-click) one of these 5 links:
(If one gives you a funky message, like "Bandwidth Exceeded," just click another site)




Looking, and listening, for your thoughts,


Brian






This Week In Jerusalem
is a production of ZION PUBLIC RADIO,
an educational 501(c)(3) U.S. nonprofit organization
incorporated in the State of Texas

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sending links to your programs, allowing me to finish listening. I'm extremely impressed!!! What a huge undertaking and what initiative!


You and Greg are so professional, knowledgeable, and prepared, and you work so well together. The content is fascinating, and the guests are terrific! I've actually learned a lot. And of course, I appreciate your appreciation of the Jewish people, their perspective and their history.


I will eagerly stay tuned for the next episode.....


I hope your family is managing to cope with their recent losses.

Anonymous said...

I am really enjoying your program! It truly is informative and thought provoking. In a strange sense I feel like I am almost in Jerusalem with you; perhaps it is hearing the sounds of the city as you converse with your guests as well as the information relayed about the city and its people. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I think...

You'd better stay with this, bro. Fascinating insights. High production quality. Great stuff. You guys are GOOD at this.

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!! Another winner, Brian and Greg! You guys sound so natural, like you've been doing this since you were babies.

What I love best is feeling like I am RIGHT THERE with you guys, walking the streets, talking to the people, sharing all the ups and downs with everyone there. It's like a walk through Jerusalem every time I listen.

THANK YOU for doing this. And keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I am really enjoying your program! It truly is informative and thought provoking. In a strange sense I feel like I am almost in Jerusalem with you; perhaps it is hearing the sounds of the city as you converse with your guests as well as the information relayed about the city and its people. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Love your program. Best of all, feeling like I am RIGHT THERE with you, walking the streets, talking to the people, sharing all the ups and downs with everyone there. It's like a walk through Jerusalem every time I listen. THANK YOU for doing this. And keep it up!